This document describes how you upload certificates for a CC-compliant VPN connection to LANCOM routers of the Common Criteria product series.
- LANCOM router from the Common Criteria product line
- 1781A CC
- 1781-4G CC
- 1781A-3G CC
- 1781A-4G CC
- 1781EF CC
- 7100+ CC
- 9100+ CC
- SCP-capable software such as Cygwin for uploading via SCP
1) After installing Cygwin, the certificates need to be loaded to the following directory on the PC:
2) The following syntax is used to upload the certificates with Cygwin:
2.1) Upload the device certificate:
LCS_PASSWORD="<certificate password>" scp -o SendEnv=LCS_PASSWORD <file name>.p12 root@<IP-address>:<certificate container>
LCS_PASSWORD="04Z&%$J912E" scp -o SendEnv=LCS_PASSWORD vpn.p12 email@example.com:vpn_pkcs12_2
In this example, a certificate for a VPN connection is loaded to the VPN certificate container VPN 2.
2.2) Upload the public key of the remote site:
LCS_PASSWORD=„<public key password>" scp -o SendEnv=LCS_PASSWORD <file name>.p12 root@<IP-address>:<certificate container>
LCS_PASSWORD=„04Z&%$J912E" scp -o SendEnv=LCS_PASSWORD Public.p12 firstname.lastname@example.org:vpn_add_cas
In this example, a public key for a VPN connection is loaded to the VPN container for additional CA certificates.
3) Once you have uploaded the certificates to the LANCOM router, you can check if the upload was successful from the command line of the LANCOM router.
To do this, enter following commands:
- show vpn cert
- show vpn add