This document describes how to transfer an existing configuration if you change from one LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall model to another.
Pay particular attention to the information on exchanging a LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall UF-200 for a UF-260.
- The same LCOS FX version on both Unified Firewalls. The ISO image files (*.iso) for LCOS FX are available from the myLANCOM Firewall License Portal.
- USB 2.0 stick with max. 32GB storage capacity. USB 3.0 sticks and very large sticks (>32GB) sometimes cause problems for the BIOS in Unified Firewalls.
- USB installer for creating a bootable USB stick (available from the myLANCOM Firewall License Portal)
- Web browser for configuring the Unified Firewall. The following browsers are supported:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Make sure that the source and target devices each have the same version of LCOS FX.
- If you are exchanging a UF-200 for a UF-260, you must carry out the steps in section 2.1 BEFORE you export the configuration from the source device!
1.1 Exporting the configuration from the source device:
1.1.1 Export the configuration from the source device. This is described in this Knowledge Base article.
If you use an automatic configuration backup, you can use the last automatically saved configuration file.
1.2 Update the firmware and import the configuration into the target device:
1.2.1 To ensure that the target device has the same LCOS FX version as the source device, we recommend that you perform a manual firmware update via USB stick and *.iso firmware file. This procedure is described in this Knowledge Base article.
- If you update the firmware via USB stick, you can use the configuration exported in step 1.1 in the update process, so that the saved configuration is available to you on the UF-260 immediately after the firmware update (see step 2.12 in the document LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall: Manually updating the LCOS FX firmware by means of an '*.iso' firmware file).
- If you are exchanging a UF-200 for a UF-260, you must carry out the steps in section 2.2 AFTER you import the configuration into the target device!
2. Important steps when changing from a UF-200 to a UF-260:
2.1 Temporary configuration adjustment and export on the UF-200:
2.1.1 Open the configuration of the UF-200 and create a new network with any local IP address range using a previously unused Ethernet interface (from eth1 to eth3). DHCP must be used to distribute the IP addresses on this network.
This network is used after importing the configuration into the UF-260 and makes the Unified Firewall accessible via the configuration interface.
2.1.2 Now export the configuration from the UF-200. This is described in this Knowledge Base article.
2.2 Adjusting the configuration on the UF-260:
2.2.1 Now connect your configuration PC to the UF-260 via the Ethernet interface that provides the additional network created in step 2.1.2.
2.2.2 Login to the configuration interface using the administrator credentials.
2.2.3 Now adjust the interface configuration of your Unified Firewall UF-260 according to the following matrix:
2.2.4 After the interface configuration has been adjusted properly, you can remove the temporary network created in step 2.1.1.