This article describes how to save the configuration file of an access point with LCOS LX.
- LCOS LX as of version 5.20 (download latest version)
- LANtools as of version 10.40 download latest version)
- Any web browser for accessing WEBconfig
- Any SCP client to download the configuration via SCP
1) Configuration backup via LANconfig:
1.1) Select the access point in LANconfig, perform a rightclick and in the context menu select the option Configuration Management → Save as File.
1.2) Save the configuration file in a folder of your choice.
2) Configuration backup via WEBconfig (as of LCOS LX 5.38):
Connent to the access point via WEBconfig, change to the tab Actions in the Dashboard and click Download configuration.
3) Configuration backup via SCP:
3.1) Enter the command to download the configuration in an SCP client (e.g. the Windows command line interface) in the following format:
scp root@<IP-Adresse>:config <Datei-Pfad>\<Datei-Name> (in this example scp email@example.com:config C:\xxxxxxxx\Downloads\Backup\LX-6400.lcf)
3.2) Acknowledge the query Are you sure you want to continue connecting? by entering yes and pressing the <Enter key> afterwards.
3.3) Enter the password of the access point at the password prompt and press the <Enter key>.