This article describes the steps to be carried out for further analysis, when a sudden restart of an access point with LCOS LX or of a service within the operating system occurs.
- LCOS LX as of version 5.30 Rel (download latest version)
- Any SCP client (e.g. the SCP client in Windows 10)
- Any SSH client for accessing the CLI of the access point (e.g. PuTTY)
- Any Web browser
1) Saving the debug information via WEBconfig (as of LCOS LX 5.32):
1.1 Open the Configuration of the device via WEBconfig and switch to the menu Diagnosis → Support Information.
1.2 Click on the button to download the debug information.
2) Saving the debug information via an SCP client:
2.1) Open the Windows CLI and navigate to the folder, where the debug information should be saved at.
2.2) Enter the command for transfering the debug file in the format scp root@<IP-Adresse>:debuginfo.tar . and confirm the password prompt (in this example scp firstname.lastname@example.org:debuginfo.tar .).
The . means, that the file is saved to the current folder location (see step 1.1).
3) Readout of the command "show diag all" via the CLI of the access point:
3.1) Start PuTTY, go to the menu Session → Logging and activate the option All session output, so that all output is saved to a log file.
If needed the name of the log file and the save location can be changed.
3.2) Connect to the access point via SSH afterwards and login with your user credentials.
3.3) Enter the command show diag all to read out status information.
4) Sending the information to LANCOM Support for further analysis:
Contact LANCOM Support with the following information:
- Frequency of sudden restarts
- Scenario, in which the access point is used (Standalone, WLAN-Controller, LMC)
- Possibly conspicuous accompanying circumstances
- File <device name>_supportinfo.rar (see step 1)
- File debuginfo.tar (see step 2)
- Log file with the output of the command show diag all (see step 3)
- Configuration file of the access point