This article describes how firewall rules can be activated or deactived time-controlled, e.g. to allow web surfing only in certain time slots.
- LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall with firmware version 10.3 or later
- A configured and functional local network and Internet connection on the Unified Firewall (including firewall rules, which allow communication)
- Web browser for configuring the Unified Firewall
The following browsers are supported:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
1) Open the configuration of the Unified Firewall in a browser, click on the network object on the desktop, select the Connection Tool and click on the Internet object.
2) In the tab Rules choose the protocol (in this example HTTPS) and click on the object under Schedule (in this example the default object Always on).
3) Set up the desired time slots for the firewall rule and click OK. In this example communication to the Internet via HTTPS should only be allowed on workdays during the lunch break between 12:00 - 14:00 o' clock.
4) Repeat steps 2) and 3) for additional protocols if necessary.
5) Click on Save after configuring the time-controlled firewall rules.
6) Click on the button Activate in order for the changes to be implemented.
7) The configuration of the time control on the Unified Firewall is now complete.