After the initial startup of your LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall or after reinstalling the software the device works with a test license for 30 days.
You can check the license status in the License Manager section under Firewall → License.
- Using a test license, it is not possible to create data backups. After expiration of the test license the firewall remains active using its configuration, however, you can no longer modify the configuration.
- As of version LCOS FX 10.x, the Unified Firewall can no longer be administered after a license has expired! Therefore, please always ensure that the device is licensed accordingly.
In the web client, navigate to Firewall → License to display the remaining license time of your LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall test license or additional features, or to activate a new license.
In fixed time intervals the system checks the expiration date of all active licenses. If a license expires, all licensed features will be disabled until a new license is activated on the device.
Required registration data:
Online registration and -licensing requires:
- The serial number of your LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall (to be found on a sticker at the bottom side of the device)
- The license key which has to be activated (to be found in the purchased license package)
- Your customer data (company, address, e-mail address)
1. Registering a license:
1.1 To register a license, please proceed as described in the Knowledge Base article Registering a license for a LANCOM R&S® Unified Firewall.
2.License activation on the LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall:
To transfer a registered and activated license file to a LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall, follow these steps:
2.1 Start the web client of your LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall and log in to the device.
2.2 In the menu bar on the left side navigate to the item Firewall, and then License.
2.3 Choose Select File next to the License File input field. The file selection dialogue of the operating system opens.
2.4 Navigate to the folder where the license file is saved and select the license file.
2.5 Click Open. The file selection dialogue is closed.
2.6 Click License to upload the selected license file.
The license file is transferred to the device. When the process has been successfully completed, all licenses including any additional information have been written to the device and a success message appears.
2.7 Confirm to log out by clicking OK. You are now logged out and the system opens the LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall login page.