The LANCOM devices of the R88x series (e.g. LANCOM R883+) are limited to a maximum of three simultaneous VPN channels as standard.
This document describes how you can expand the number of simultaneous VPN connections to 5 or a maximum of 25 channels.
- LANCOM Router of the R88x series
- LCOS as of version 10.20 (download)
- Telekom Enterprise Option (sold through Deutsche Telekom)
- LANCOM VPN 25 Option
1. Your router must first be expanded with the so-called "Telekom Enterprise Option". This option is sold exclusively by Deutsche Telekom and can only be obtained there.
The Enterprise Option from LANCOM Systems GmbH (Art. # 61409) is not compatible with the LANCOM routers of the R88x series !!
You must purchase and use the "Telekom Enterprise Option" from Deutsche Telekom.
After the expansion with the "Telekom Enterprise Option", the functional scope of your router changes to the following:
- 16 ARF contexts (default: 2)
- 5 VPN channels (default: 3)
- BGP is activated
If you want to use a maximum of 5 VPN channels at the same time, you do not need to do anything else at this point.
2. To increase the number of VPN connections established at the same time to a maximum of 25, you must also purchase the LANCOM VPN 25 option and activate it on the device. The VPN 25 option is available from resellers or distributors or from Deutsche Telekom.
- A VPN 25 demo option is not available for the R88x series devices.
- For client-to-site connections we recommend the convenient use of the LANCOM Advanced VPN Client. The licenses for activating the VPN client must be purchased separately and are not part of the LANCOM VPN 25 option!