This document describes how to create a configuration backup of a LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall.
- LANCOM R&S®Unified Firewall with LCOS.FX version 10.3 or later
- Activated Basic Licence or Full Licence.
- Web browser for configuring the Unified Firewall.
The following browsers are supported:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
1. Connect to the configuration interface of the Unified Firewall and navigate to Firewall → Backup → Export.
2. Enter an Encryption Password and confirm it. Click on Export afterwards.
The Encryption Password has to be entered when importing the configuration.
A configuration backup is always downward compatible but not upward compatible. Thus a configuration backup which has been saved with LCOS FX 10.3 can be uploaded into a Unified Firewall with LCOS FX 10.4 but not the other way around.