This article describes how to configure an internal wireless network using the Setup Wizard (express configuration).
The way to manually setup a guest network with its own SSID is described in the following article:
- The device is not managed by a WLAN controller or the LANCOM Management Cloud
- The basic configuration (IP address and password) is in place
1) Select the device in LANconfig, right-click and, in the context menu, select Setup Wizard.
2) Select Configure WLAN and click Next.
3) Choose Express configures the WLAN in a few steps and click Next.
For access points with two WLAN modules, this setting configures both of the WLAN modules, which both broadcast the SSID.
4) Enter the following information:
- WLAN country: Use the drop-down menu to select the country where the device is to be operated.
- Network name (SSID): Set the name of the WLAN that the guest WLAN users can connect to.
- WPA2 passphrase: Enter the WPA key required to authenticate with the WLAN.
The WPA2 passphrase must be at least 8 and no more than 63 characters long.
5) With a click on Finish the configuration is written to the device.
If necessary, you can inspect the individual parameters by clicking on
Summary of settings .