This document describes the registration and activation of a software option for a LANCOM router.
- The latest LANtools (download)
- License number of the software option (e.g. VPN 25 option) purchased from a specialist reseller or distributor.
Registering the software option
A software option must first be registered on the LANCOM web site before it can be activated. After successful registration you will receive an activation code for the software option. Proceed as follows:
As an alternative, you can register the software option directly on LANCOM's website. Just follow this link.
1) Start LANconfig. Right-click on the LANCOM router for which an option is to be registered.
2) Select the option Activate software option.
3) In the dialog that follows, enter the 16-character license key that you purchased for the software option.
4) Click on the button Register license.
5) A web browser opens up and displays the LANCOM web site for registering device options.
6) You can double-check the data you entered in the following dialog. If other software options are registered for this LANCOM router, they will also be listed here. Click Next >> to continue with registration.
7) Enter your address into the next dialog. If you wish to receive the registration details in electronic form, please enter an e-mail address.
8) Check your entries again. If all of the information is correct, click on the Submit >> button to carry out the registration.
9) After a successful registration, the data relating to the software option is displayed. The activation code on display can be used to release the option for the LANCOM router.
Please note that the activation code can only be used once.
If you specified an e-mail address, you will receive an e-mail with the registration data and the activation code.
Activating the software option in LANconfig:
1) Switch back to LANconfig.
2) In the dialog Activate software option, which is still open, enter the activation key that you received when you registered the software option.
3) Click on OK to start the activation.
4) The LANCOM router re-boots after the software option has been successfully activated. You can see the status of the activation in the Log view area of LANconfig.
5) You can also check if activation of a software option was successful in the Properties dialog of the LANCOM router.
Right-click on the LANCOM router and select Properties. Go to the Features & Options tab. The activated software option should be included in the list.
Other ways to verify whether the activation of options was successful are described in the following Knowledge Base document .
Activating the software option in WEBconfig:
1) Navigate to the menu Extras -> Activate software option.
2) Enter the activation key into the Key field.
3) Click on the Apply button.
4) A message is displayed after successful activation. Other ways to verify whether the activation of options was successful are described in the following Knowledge Base document .