This document describes how to remove a myVPN connection profile from the LANCOM router and from the iPad/iPhone/iPod.
- LCOS as of version 8.62 (download latest version)
- LANtools as of version 8.62 (download latest version)
- Apple iPad/iPhone/iPod with iOS 4.1 or later
- LANCOM myVPN application, which must be installed on the iPad/iPhone/iPod. The myVPN application is available in the Apple AppStore.
Removing a myVPN profile from the LANCOM router:
If you remove device configurations, these are
irretrievably deleted from the LANCOM router . For this reason, please ensure that you always
make a backup of the existing configuration (Configuration management-> Save as file... ) before removing any configuration parameters.
1) Start the Setup Wizard on the LANCOM router in LANconfig and select the option Remove remote site or access.
2) In the next dialog, select the myVPN connection, which you want to remove.
3) Then click Next to delete all of the displayed entries from the router configuration.
4) Click on Finish to close the setup wizard. The changes are then written to the LANCOM router.
Removing a VPN profile from the iPad/iPhone/iPod:
If you created a VPN profile on your iPad/iPhone/iPod and now you want to delete it, proceed as follows:
1) Start the LANCOM myVPN app on the iPad/iPhone/iPod and tap on the red delete icon.
2) An additional red delete icon appears next to the VPN profile. Tap on this icon to select the profile for deletion.
3) Tap on the button Delete to remove the profile from the myVPN application.
4) Open the Settings dialog on your iPad/iPhone/iPod and tap on the option Profiles.
5) Select the VPN profile that you want to delete.
6) Tap on the Remove button.
7) Tapping on Remove again irreversibly deletes the VPN profile from your iPad/iPhone/iPod.