This document describes how you perform a firmware update on a DECT base station LANCOM DECT 510 IP even if you use the LANCOM auto-provisioning function available as of LCOS 9.24.
1) Use the handset to determine the IP address of the base station. Open the menu and access the Settings.
2) Select the menu item System and then go to the local network. The IP address listed here belongs to your base station, e.g. 192.168.10.34.
3) Enter this IP address into your web browser and you the welcome screen of your base station is displayed.
4) Enter the PIN of your station. The default PIN for the station is 0000. Unless you have installed an additional language pack, the default language for the station is English.
5) Go to the Settings section and click the menu item Management. Here you will see the Firmware update section.
6) The field Data server currently contains the provisioning address written by the LANCOM router, e.g. http://192.168.10.1:9999/provisioning.
You now modify this address to the address www.lancom-systems.de/download/provisioning.
7) Then click Update firmware. You will see confirmation that your base station is automatically downloading the latest firmware, which is then installed. The device restarts.
The update process can take some time. If the update is successfully installed, the base station is accessible again via the web interface.
8) After performing the update, the data server path will have been replaced by the default path from the LANCOM router, so you do not need to change anything. No further steps are required.
9) The firmware update has completed successfully.
update path can be found in the Release Notes for new firmware versions for the base station , e.g. under
On this page, select the release notes for the latest firmware version, e.g.
N510 IP Pro Release Notes 42.238 . The update path mentioned above is included in the Release Notes.