This article describes how to set up an ADSL connection via an upstream DSL modem on a Unified Firewall without specifying a VLAN ID (PPPoE) and assign it to an Internet object on the desktop.
- Web browser for configuring the Unified Firewall.
The following browsers are supported:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet access via upstream DSL modem
1) Setting up the network connection for Internet access:
1.1) Open the configuration interface of the Unified Firewall in your browser, change to the menu Network -> Connections -> Network Connections and click on the chevron icon to enter the advanced view.
1.2) Delete the entry for the interface eth0.
By default the interface
eth0 is set to
1.3) Navigate to the menu Network -> Interfaces -> PPP Interfaces and click on the “+” icon to create a new PPP interface.
1.4) From the drop-down menu Master Interface, select the interface eth0.
1.5) Change to the menu Network -> Connections -> PPP Connections and click on the “+” icon under PPP Connections to create a new entry.
1.6) Enter the following parameters:
- Name: Enter a descriptive name.
- Interface: Select the PPP interface created in step 1.4.
- Type: Check that the value is set to PPPoE.
- Username: Enter Username for DSL dial-in assigned to you by your provider.
- Password: Enter the password for DSL dial-in assigned to you by your provider.
2) Create a desktop object for the Internet connection:
2.1) Click the button to Create an Internet object.
2.2) Enter the following parameters:
- Object Name: Enter a descriptive name.
- Connections: From the drop-down menu, select the PPP Connection created in step 1.6 and click on the “+” icon to add the object.
3) Saving and activating the configuration steps:
3.1) Click on the Activate button to accept the changes and enable filtering.