This article describes how to set up an Internet connection with dynamic IP address assignment per DHCP on a Unified Firewall (e.g. cable Internet) and assign it to an Internet object on the desktop.
- Web browser for configuring the Unified Firewall.
The following browsers are supported:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet access via upstream cable modem
1) Setting up the network connection for Internet access:
1.1) Open the configuration interface of the Unified Firewall in your browser, change to the menu Network -> Connections -> Network Connections and click on the chevron icon to enter the advanced view.
1.2) Edit the entry for the interface eth0.
1.3) Enter the following parameters:
- Name: Enter a descriptive name.
- Set a checkmark next to Obtain Gateway.
- Set a checkmark next to Obtain DNS Server.
- Set a checkmark next to Obtain Domain.
2) Create a desktop object for the Internet connection:
2.1) Click the button to Create an Internet object.
2.2) Enter the following parameters:
- Object Name: Enter a descriptive name.
- Connections: From the drop-down menu, select the WAN Object created in step 1.3 and click on the “+” icon to add the object.
3) Saving and activating the configuration steps:
3.1) Click on the Activate button to accept the changes and enable filtering.