This document describes how to reset a LANCOM switch of the type LANCOM ES-2126, ES 2126+, ES 2126P or ES-2126P+ to its factory settings without the administrator password.
- PuTTY client (download)
- Serial configuration cable (supplied with the switch)
1) Connect the serial cable to the switch and to your PC.
2) Note down the MAC address of the switch. You will find it on a sticker on the base of the device.
3) Insert the power plug into the switch and wait until the device is ready for operation.
4) Start the program PuTTY and under Session, select the option Serial.
5) Specify the COM port used on your PC and set the speed field to the value 57600.
6) Navigate to the Serial area and enter the following values:
- The COM port used on your PC
- Speed: 57600
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Flow control: None
7) Click on Open to connect to the switch.
8) In the terminal program, before you enter the username press “Ctrl+Z”, enter “RESET” as the username, and enter the MAC address of the device (without spaces) as the password.
9) This action starts the reset process and all settings will be reset to the factory default state, including the administrator´s password and the auto DHCP setting.
The process can take up to 5 minutes, make sure you do not disconnect the switch from the power supply throughout this process.