If one of your devices running “LCOS SX” firmware and managed by the LANCOM Management Cloud (LMC) is shown as “offline”, but is otherwise working normally, communication with the LMC is interrupted.
This article describes what steps for troubleshooting can be taken.
- LCOS SX in the current version (download current version)
- Any web browser
- SSH client for command-line access (e.g. PuTTY)
1. Checking whether DNS can resolve the LANCOM Management Cloud:
1.1 Open the configuration of the affected switch, go to the system diagnostics menu (e.g Maintenance → Diagnostics → Ping for the GS-23xx series) enter the address cloud.lancom.de into the IP address box to send a ping from the switch to the entered DNS name.
1.2 You can alternatively enter the ping command on switch command line interface:
- For GS-23xx type switches, you first need to enter the command diagnostic and then enter ping cloud.lancom.de at the command prompt
- For GS-3xxx series switches you have to enter ping ip cloud.lancom.de at the command prompt.
- For GS-45xx and XS sries switches you have to enter ping cloud.lancom.de at the command prompt.
1.3 If the DNS cannot resolve cloud.lancom.de, you have to check whether the correct DNS server is used in the switch IP settings.
The following figure shows an example from the configuration of a LANCOM GS-2310P+:
2. Further steps:
If the device in the LMC appears as “offline” even though the DNS name cloud.lancom.de is being resolved and the MTU was modified, there are two ways to reconnect the device to the LMC.
2.1 The affected device is “Cloud ready” and was connected to the LMC using the “Cloud PIN” shipped with the device:
Restart the device. The device will then reconnect to the LMC.
2.2 The affected device was connected to the LMC using an activation code generated in the LMC (for “Cloud ready” and “not Cloud ready” devices):
Generate a new activation code as described in the tech paper LANCOM Management Cloud (LMC) Rollout in the section “Assignment by activation code”, and use this code to connect the device to the LMC. The device will then reconnect to the LMC.
The activation code used to connect the device to the LMC must be sourced from the project where the device is currently shown as “offline”.