Four networks are to be separated from each other by means of ARF and VLAN tags. The clients are to be allocated to the relevant network according to the switch port they use.
- A VLAN-capable switch of the LANCOM ES-2126x series.
- Latest switch firmware (download)
- A LANCOM router that can address at least 4 networks using ARF, in this example a LANCOM 1781A.
- LCOS as of version 7.70 (download latest version)
- LANtools as of version 7.70 (download latest version)
LANCOM 1781A with 4 ARF networks in different VLANs:
Network name IP Address Network mask VLAN ID
VLAN-1 (INTRANET) 192.168.10.35 255.255.255.0 1
VLAN-2 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 2
VLAN-3 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0 3
VLAN-4 192.168.4.1 255.255.255.0 4
The LANCOM 1781A is connected to port 24 of the LANCOM ES-2126 via ETH port 1 and is a member of all VLANs.
- Workstations connected to port 1 of the LANCOM ES-2126x are to be allocated a VLAN tag (1) and become members of the ARF network (INTRANET).
- Workstations connected to ports 2 and 3 of the LANCOM ES-2126x are to be allocated a VLAN tag (2) and become members of the ARF network (VLAN-2).
- Workstations connected to ports 4 and 5 of the LANCOM ES-2126x are to be allocated a VLAN tag (3) and become members of the ARF network (VLAN-3).
- Workstations connected to ports 6 and 7 of the LANCOM ES-2126x are to be allocated a VLAN tag (4) and become members of the ARF network (VLAN-4).
Data traffic can then be further restricted using firewall rules or interface and routing tags (see
1. Configuring the LANCOM 1781A:
Create the ARF networks which have a VLAN-ID under IPv4 -> General -> IP networks:
2. Configuring the LANCOM ES-2126x:
2.1 Under VLAN -> VLAN mode, set the mode to Tag-based:
2.2 Under VLAN -> Tag-based group, create the individual VLAN groups:
2.3 In this example, ports 2 – 7 are removed from the default VLAN group and allocated to the other groups:
2.4 VLAN group VLAN-2:
2.5 VLAN group VLAN-3:
2.6 VLAN group VLAN-4:
2.7 Finally, the port VLANs must be appropriately configured under VLAN -> PVID:
2.8 Check the configuration by connecting to the individual ports on the switch. Each one will be allocated an IP address from the corresponding network.