This document describes how to set up a ADSL/ADSL2+ or SDSL Internet connection for LANCOM routers without an integrated DSL modem.
You need the current version of LCOS and the current LANtools.
- The latest LCOS firmware (download)
- The latest LANtools (download)
- A LANCOM router without an integrated DSL modem (e.g. a LANCOM 1711+ VPN)
- An external ADSL/ADSL2+ or SDSL modem
You have a ADSL/ADSL2+ or SDSL connection which you wish to operate with a LANCOM router.
1) Launch the Setup Wizard and select the option Set up Internet access.
2) Select the setting Ethernet interface (external modem/router) in order to use an external modem.
3) As the first external VDSL modem is connected to the WAN port of the LANCOM router in this example, WAN Ethernet connector must be selected in the following dialog.
4) Select your country.
5) In the subsequent dialog seelct the option Internet access via PPP over Ethernet.
6) In the next dialog, give the Internet connection a Name.
7) In the dialog that follows, enter the Access data supplied by you provider.
8) You will be prompted for several further settings for Internet access. Select the option ADSL line or external ADSL modem. You must also choose this option if you operate a SDSL internet connection.
9) You can apply the following default settings without modification. If you wish to use a different time for the daily forced disconnection, change the values in the appropriate fields.
10) In this example, no ISDN backup is used, so we will retain the default settings.
11) Exit the setup Internet connection wizard with the Finish button. The configured values are then written to the LANCOM router.
12) After the configuration is written to the device, the setup wizard asks whether you want to continue one with another wizard.
Click on No as the configuration steps required to set up the ADSL or SDSL connection are now completed.
- Each item is described by pop-up help text. Just click on the question mark at the top right of the dialog.