- Installed LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server for Windows as of version 1.40 (download latest version)
- Installed cURL for Windows (download)
- A useful extra is a barcode scanner so that you can quickly read and digitize the individual Display IDs.
This document assumes that you have an installed and licensed LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server that is used to manage several ePaper Displays and which you want to port from one system with a Windows operating system to another system also running with Windows.Important:
Procedure:1) Configuration steps on the Wireless ePaper Servers of the source and target systems:
- Each time the LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server is ported, you have to register the product again on the LANCOM website. To do this, you first have to contact the LANCOM Support, which unlocks the license for a renewed registration. LANCOM Support requires the license key for your LANCOM Wireless ePaper license(s).
- Do not perform the following configuration steps before the license of the LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server has been unlocked by LANCOM Systems for a renewed registration!
1.1) Open the LANCOM Wireless ePaper management on the source system
and change to the menuManagement -> Settings
1.2) Copy the displayed server key to a text file
1.3) Install the LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server on the system which your current installation is being ported to (referred to in the following as the target system).
1.6) Change to the Wireless ePaper management on the target system
in the menu Management -> License
and re-register your Wireless ePaper license
. The procedure is described in the following Knowledge Base document
2) Import the ePaper Displays managed by the source system into the Wireless ePaper Server of the target system:
2.1) Use the following ready-made XML file for the bulk import of the Display IDs.
2.2) Open the XML file in a text editor. You need to insert the label IDs of all of the Displays into this list.
- The only Displays that you can import into the target system are those that were previously being managed by the Wireless ePaper Server on the source system!
If you use this method to import Displays that were not being managed by the Wireless ePaper Server on the source system, it will not be possible to upload images to these Displays subsequently!
- The label ID of each Display is given in alphanumeric form and as a barcode on the frame of the housing of each Display. A barcode scanner helps you to conveniently scan the Display ID for the XML file.
2.3) Save the XML file once it contains all of the IDs of the Displays that you want to import.
2.4) Open the command line and enter the following command:curl -X POST -d @<file-name>.xml --header "Content-Type:application/xml" http://<server-ip>:8001/service/label/ -v
with the name of the XML file and <server-ip>
with the IP address of the LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server.
2.5) The process is now concluded.