This document describes how to migrate an existing installation of the LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server from Oracle Java JRE to openJDK.
- LANCOM Wireless ePaper Server as of version 1.91 (download)
1. Download OpenJDK from following URL: https://github.com/ojdkbuild/ojdkbuild/releases.
2. Unzip the file to a Directory on the HDD (e.g. C:\Program Files\OpenJDK).
3. Add the Java Path to environmental Variable
- Open System Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced Settings.
- Go to "Advanced" tab and click to "Environmental Variables".
- Search variable "Path" and click to edit.
- At the end of the field "Variable value" add the path to OpenJDK bin folder, e.g. ;C:\Program Files\OpenJDK\bin.
4. Check the Java version on command line with command "java -version".