This article describes how an LMC trace can be created on a GS-23xx series switch. An LMC trace is required when problems with the LMC arise (e.g. connection problems).
- LCOS SX as of version 3.32 Rel (download latest version)
- SSH client for accessing the CLI (e.g. PuTTY)
1) Connect to the switch via the CLI and enter the trace command in the format trace # <Trace>. The # symbol serves as a toggle function, thus enabling the user to activate and deactivate the trace with the same trace command.
In most cases all LMC traces are required. These have to be activated or deactivated individually. Execeute the following commands one after the other:
- trace # lmc-control-data
- trace # lmc-control-state
- trace # lmc-monitor-data
- trace # lmc-monitor-state
- trace # lmc-pairing-State
The command trace shows all possible traces.
2) Save the trace output in a text file.
3) Contact LANCOM Support and include the following information:
- Switch model and used firmware version
- Configuration backup of the device
- Exact description of the error
- LMC trace in a text file