This article describes how an LMC trace can be created on a GS-3xxx and XS-51xx series switch. An LMC trace is required when problems with the LMC arise (e.g. connection problems).
- LCOS-SX as of version 4.00 RU2 on GS-3xxx switches (download latest version)
- LCOS-SX as of version 5.00 RU2 on GS-51xx switches (download latest version)
- SSH client for accessing the CLI (e.g. PuTTY)
The traces are the same on both switch series.
1) Connect to the switch via the CLI and enter the trace command in the format lmc trace <Trace>.
In most cases all LMC traces are required. Therefore enter the command lmc trace all.
The command lmc trace ? shows all possible LMC traces.
2) Save the trace output in a text file.
3) Contact LANCOM Support and include the following information:
- Switch model and used firmware version
- Configuration backup of the device
- Exact description of the error
- LMC trace in a text file